STAIN-PROOF Original™ Natural Stone Sealer Used by Crafted Countertops
Crafted Countertops uses STAIN-PROOF Original™, a 15 year stain resistant stone sealer. We apply this to all of our natural stone products. It has been a great success and we will continue to use it for years to come. STAIN-PROOF Original™ is an impregnating, invisible and breathable sealer that protects exposed natural stone, tiles, pavers, concrete and grout from damage caused by water, salts and oil-based stains. Treated indoor and outdoor surfaces become easier to clean, maintain, and keep looking good for longer. STAIN-PROOF Original™ provides lasting protection for natural stone, concrete, terracotta tile, cast stone, paving, sandstone, limestone, brick and grout.
Typical applications: STAIN-PROOF Original™ is suitable for a wide variety of applications, including building facades, floors, walls, swimming pool surrounds, patios, garages, kitchens and entertaining areas.
Benefits: STAIN-PROOF Original™ is able to repel stains, graffiti and food products making cleaning easier; non film-forming; able to work without changing the appearance of the surface – keeps the original look; suitable for indoor and outdoor use; able to greatly reduce water uptake and minimise moss growth, freeze thaw spalling and efflorescence; an excellent chloride ion salt screen – ideal for marine and pool areas; highly water vapour permeableable to breathe so there is no build-up of subsurface moisture, allowing it to dry out; deeply penetrating protecting against weathering and wearing; very alkali resistant; won’t break down in contact with cement based materials, able to seal hairline cracks up to 0.3 mm (0.012 in.) and does not flake or peel.
Application rates: Total application rate is approximately one litre per two to 25 sq. metres (20 to 250 sq. feet per quart) depending on absorption.
How to use:
- ALWAYS TEST PRODUCT ON A SMALL AREA FIRST and allow a 24 hour cure time to determine the ease of application and desired results.
- Ensure surfaces to be treated are dry, clean and free of residues.
- Product is to be applied without thinning.
- Generously saturate the surface with product using a low-pressure hand spray, a clean brush, or similar. Surface should have a mirror-like wet look for 3-5 seconds. Avoid contact with surrounding areas.
- When the surface becomes touch dry, or a minimum of 10 minutes, repeat Step 4. Total application rate is approximately one litre per two to 25 sq. metres (20 to 250 sq. feet per quart) depending on absorption.
- When the surface becomes touch dry, or a minimum of 10 minutes, to allow the product to penetrate into the surface, polish surface with a clean white dry cloth to remove excess product. If you have waited too long and the product has begun to cure and has become more difficult to remove, moistening the cloth with STAIN-PROOF Original™ should ease polishing.
- Use an organic solvent e.g. methylated spirits to clean equipment. Once cured, this product is food contact safe.
- Sealer will not prevent surface etching, scuff marks or wear and may lighten or darken some surfaces. STAIN-PROOF Original™ will make the maintenance and cleaning of a treated surface much easier. Once cured, this product is food contact safe.
Advance application tips:
- For a textured or rough surfaces the product is best applied using a low-pressure hand spray.
Precautions: Do not take internally. Apply when surface temperature is between 5 – 35ºC(40 – 95ºF). Avoid moisture contact with the surface for six hours after application. Protect surrounding areas from over-spray. Keep away from drains, plants, water and soil. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Use a positive pressure respirator if ventilation is inadequate. Wear suitable solvent-resistant gloves, protective clothing, safety goggles and an organic vapour respirator during application. Avoid applying in windy conditions. Wash hands thoroughly.
Active content: 50 per cent active content in alcohol.
Pack size: One Quart (946 mL), 1 Gallon (3.79 L), 5 Gallons (18.9 L) containers