Granite & Quartz Care:
What should you use for everyday cleaning?
Clean your countertop with a few drops of mild dish detergent followed by drying with a paper towel or a soft cloth.
For Granite – We also recommend using our can of 3 in 1 clean-polish-protect, once a week to revitalize the shine (if used too often, you could end up with a build-up). Additional cans are available for purchase at our shop.
The use of food-safe stone cleaners sold at hardware stores are also recommended.
Please avoid using cleaning products that contain lemon, vinegar, bleach or ammonia, which can etch away the polish.
Beware of etching – Etching is a result of a chemical reaction that occurs when acid comes in contact with a surface.
Etch marks on stone surfaces resemble water spots or a worn polish.
Do’s & Dont’s:
- Do clean up spills immediately to minimize damage to your stone.
- Do use trivets or mats under hot cookware and dishes
- Do use placemats under china, ceramics, and heavy objects that could scratch your stone’s surface.
- Do use coasters under glasses.
- Don’t use cleaners that contain acid such as grout cleaners or tub and tile cleaners.
- Don’t use vinegar, bleach or ammonia products.
- Don’t use abrasive cleaners such as soft cleansers.
- Don’t use alkaline cleaners not specifically formulated for stone.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns. Our unsurpassed customer service staff is pleased to go the extra mile to find a solution that’s right for you.